Tuesday, October 19, 2010

PANTRY CHALLENGE!


What do you do when your husband comes home sick from work and needs lunch?

What do you do when those fresh gnocchi from [?insert date here?] need to be cooked before they grow hair?

YOU HAVE A PANTRY CHALLENGE!

In the future I'll try to get a photo of the challenge ingredients before I get started but since my cooking usually moves faster than my thinking it didn't happen this time.

Challenge Ingredients:
Half pack of (relatively) fresh gnocchi
Leftover Lloyd Grossman puttanesca
Reduced-to-clear fresh basil I bought like 5 days ago (it's still good!)
Random fridge cheese
That Last Tomato


Parboiled the gnocchi, lined a baking dish with a little sauce, spread one layer of gnocchi with sauce on that, laid out some tomato chunks, sprinkled the chiffonaded basil, drizzled the olive oil, grated cheddar, piled up the breadcrumbs, and topped with fake parmesan and salt/pepper.

VERBS!! I HAS SO MANY OF THEM

No comments:

Post a Comment